1 Full/part time vacancy available from September 2020.
For more information or to arrange a visit please call me on 01327 878710 / 07551 949482 or email me at [email protected].
I am an Ofsted Registered Childminder based near Ashby Fields in Daventry, graded ‘Outstanding’ in February 2015 and February 2020 by Ofsted – you can find my inspection report link on the links page. I have completed my Level 3 in Childcare and have been a Childminder Since October 2003. I work to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) that all childcare providers use, and I am also registered to offer the funded entitlement to children aged 3 and 4 years and eligible 2 year olds (please see links page for eligibility checker) – please contact me for more information.
I am regularly inspected by Ofsted, have been CRB checked and hold a full clean driving license. I offer childcare in a warm, friendly and secure home environment to children aged 0 to 11 years between the hours of 8am and 5.30pm. I live with my Husband, Dave, who worked with me as a registered assistant for 8 years before moving onto a new work adventure in 2017. We have 3 children of our own, Morgan (aged 20), Evelyn (aged 9) and Robyn (aged 4). We also have a cat called Maddie and 1 rabbit called Poppy.
I currently drop off and pick up from Welton CE Primary School.
Meals and snacks
I offer a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack at no extra charge.
I aim to provide a variety of meals throughout the week.
I do not provide breakfast or evening meals.
These are some of the qualifications and training that I have completed during my years as a Childminder;
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare
- Pediatric First Aid
- Food Hygiene
- Prevent Duty and Fundamental British Values
- Babies, Brains and Balance
- Introduction to Supporting Children’s Mental Health
- Understanding Behaviour
- I CAN (communication training)
- Introduction to Childminding Practice (ICP)
- Developing Childminding Practice (DCP)
- Foundation Stage Workshop
- Basic Child Development
- Celebrating Equal Opportunities
- Introduction to Makaton
- Child Protection Awareness
- Safeguarding Children and other related training
- Introduction To The EYFS
- Attachments and the Key Person Role
I continue to do training relevant to my work to continue my own professional development and to provide the best possible care for all children in my care.
Why choose a Childminder?
- Quality, professional childcare service within a home environment
- Strong positive relationships are quickly formed between childminder and child as well as with parents/carers and other family members
- Children of different ages/siblings can be cared for together
- Childminders can support families for years as children grow up
- Childminders are part of the local community and can take children out and about on a regular basis
- Childminders can adapt the care required for each individual child and can promote all areas of a child’s development